Looking for an easy pizza recipe that requires almost no cooking skills and is ready to eat in less than 10 minutes? You have come to the right place! Tortilla pizza is so easy that ANYONE can make it. Simply top a tortilla with sauce, cheese toppings and it's ready to cook!
Reasons to make Tortilla Pizza:
- It's easy to make: it takes less than 10 minutes to prep and cook!
- This pizza is kid friendly - great activity for kids to help with
- No special ingredients are required- don't worry about making a crust
- It is healthier than a normal pizza!
Tortilla pizza is a kid friendly pizza recipe, yet love by adults just as much! There are almost no cooking skills required for this pizza- almost anyone can make. This is a perfect option for an easy, weeknight dinner that requires minimal prep and very little dishes!
Customize the Tortilla Pizza
There are so many variations and substitutions that can be made for this Tortilla pizza. It's almost impossible to mess up, as long as you don't over cook it. Here's some ways to make it your own!
Make it Gluten Free
This can easily be made into a gluten free tortilla pizza. Purchase flour tortillas that are gluten free. The Mission brand tortilla carries an excellent tortilla that holds up well and is not crumbly. Most local grocery stores carry this brand. I found them at target.
Corn tortillas have not been tested with the recipe, and are not recommended as I have found in past experiences that they do not usually hold together very well.
- Canadian Bacon
- Green peppers
Make it Healthier
This pizza provides a lot of food for the amount of calories it contains. A typical slice of cheese pizza contains 285 calories. This entire pizza contains about 280 calories (depending on the brand of tortilla used). Basically, you get more "bang for your buck".
Here some ways to make the tortilla pizza healthier:
- Use a 100% whole wheat tortilla. Mission brand makes an excellent whole wheat tortilla.
- Top it with veggies: onions, green peppers, olives, spinach.
- Add some cooked, chopped chicken- this would add some extra protein.
- Limit the toppings that are higher in calories and fat, such as sausage, pepperoni and bacon.
- Use half the amount of cheese and load on the veggies.
Make it For A Crowd
This recipe is perfect for a make your own pizza night! Simply lay out all ingredients and let participants top their tortillas with whichever pizza toppings they desire.
This recipe makes one serving. Double, triple, or so on all the ingredients to make more servings. You can easily make about 7 -8 pizza's by using 1 bag of cheese, 1 can of sauce and 1 bag of tortillas.
Tortilla Pizza in the Oven
This works well in the oven. Bake in a preheated oven at 425F for 5 minutes on a cookie sheet. It's that easy! Be careful not to over cook. Any longer than 5 minutes may burn the cheese.
Tortilla Pizza in the Skillet
Tortilla pizza can also be made in a skillet.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Spread a thin layer of oil on the bottom of the skillet.
- Place tortilla on the skillet, cook for 1 minute.
- Flip the tortilla, add sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Transfer pan to oven and broil for 2 minutes.
More Easy Recipes
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Creamy Salsa Dip
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
- Cottage Cheese Pizza
- Pizza Quinoa Bites
Easy Tortilla Pizza
- Oven or Skillet
- 1 flour tortilla (10" works best)
- .5 tsp olive oil
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- toppings (pepperoni, ham, pineapple) optional
- red pepper flakes optional
- oregano optional
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Spread olive oil evenly onto bottom of tortilla, covering all areas including the edges.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over the tortilla.
- Spread tomato sauce over the tortilla, leaving about ¼ in space from the edges to create a crust.
- Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Add any desired toppings. Sprinkle oregano and red pepper flakes over the top if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Cheese should be golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 1 minute prior to cutting. Enjoy!