Welcome! My name is Ashlee Welter and I’m a Registered Dietitian with over 10 years of experience! I have been the owner of Pinch of Wellness for over 5 years and currently am the recipe developer, photographer, and content creator.
My experience as a Registered Dietitian is vast: I have worked in multiple settings including a hospital, public schools, with gym clients, and as an outpatient dietitian.
I’ve had the opportunity of counseling individuals with a wide variety of conditions: diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, weight loss, basic health goals, child nutrition and more. I’ve seen the impact that good nutrition can have on health, and I want to share the passion with as many people as possible.
Growing up, I loved cooking and creating any type of recipe I could think of. As a Registered Dietitian, I have taken college level classes on recipe development, food science and cooking basics. My passion for cooking combined with my knowledge in the nutrition field has led me to the desire to create recipes that are healthy, yet still tasty!
I have personally followed a gluten free diet since 2016 when I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Following the diagnosis, I remember going to the grocery store and panicking because wheat was in so many products! Due to my gluten allergy, most recipes on my site do not contain gluten or have a gluten free alternative.
What You’ll Find Here
As a busy mom who works full time, I’m limited on time but still want to live a healthy and active lifestyle. I understand the importance of being able to eat healthy food, even when time is sparse. I’m passionate about making healthy alternatives to many classic recipes, and you will find many of these on my sites. Balance is key for me, so I’ve also included some of my favorite savory items and dessert recipes!
- Most recipes are gluten free or have a gluten free alternatives
- The majority of the recipes are simple and easy. If there is a step that requires extra detail or effort, I will do my best to explain it so it’s easily understood.
- The recipes are mostly healthy. I do my best to provide healthy recipes or recipes that have a healthy alternative to them. I also list healthy alternatives, such as low sugar or low calorie options in the post so that you can customize the recipe to your liking.
- Healthy should still taste good; I try to create healthy versions of classic recipes that still taste great.
- I love to incorporate treats, so you will find some of my favorites on here as well that aren’t always healthy, but I also believe in balance!
Fun Facts About Me
- I am a wife and a mom of 2: one toddler boy and one girl due in November.
- I have run 2 half marathons, many 5ks and 10ks. I love anything fitness-related- spin classes, fitness classes, walking, you name it!
- I have two dogs: a bichon poodle and a golden doodle. The bichon poodle is only 10 pounds, but he acts like he is the boss of the house (I think they call that small dog syndrome ha!)
- I currently have a full-time job as a Registered Dietitian. I use this website as a creative outlet and spend most of my nights and weekends developing recipes, photographing and creating content.
- My love for food and creating recipes is something I have done since a young age. Growing up, my mom was a school cooking teacher and constantly had me helping out in the kitchen. I started making my own “recipe creations” as young as I can remember!
You will find a full list of recipes here. I’ve also sorted all recipes by breakfast, main entrées, snacks, side dishes or desserts. If you are looking for a specific item or ingredient, feel free to type it in the search bar to see what comes up.
Some of my favorite recipes are listed below. I love these recipes because they are easy to make and healthy! My whole family loves them as well.
Connect with Me
I love hearing from you all – it makes my day! If you make a post or find one you like, please feel free to leave a comment or tag my on Instagram!
Pinch of Wellness has been featured in Parade, Yahoo Life, The Guardian, Yummly, the News Room US, and more!