This apple dip is easy to make, healthy and tastes delicious! It tastes less than 3 minutes to make and only requires 3 ingredients! This is perfect for an afternoon snack, or a great side dish to bring to a party!
Peanut butter and apples: there’s something about them that make a great combination! This dip has been a huge hit every time I’ve made it, and honestly, it tastes so great that you can’t even tell it’s made with healthier ingredients!
This dip is creamy, and has the perfect consistency to it where the texture is smooth enough to easily dip an apple into, but thick enough that it will stay on your apple long enough to eat it!
This dip has Greek Yogurt in it, but you cannot taste the flavor of the yogurt at all trust me!) It has an excellent peanut butter flavor to it, but is not too overpowering.
Note: There are links on this site that are "affiliate links". This means that I may receive a small commission if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided.
If you don’t have one of these apple slicers, you are missing out! I use mine all the time: it cuts your apple into the perfect little wedge pieces. Best of all, the stem and seeds are completely removed and you don’t have to worry about taking them out!
This is the easiest, 3 ingredient apple dip. If you have a few minutes to spare, you can make this dip!
- Peanut Butter: Use any brand of creamy peanut butter. Warm it in the microwave for about 20 seconds to make it easier to mix with the other ingredients.
- Honey: Adds a hint of sweetness! Another substitute is Agave nectar.
- Greek Yogurt: Choose a fat free, plain Greek yogurt. I buy the small individual cups- you only need one. Vanilla flavored yogurt can also be substituted if you want an extra sweet dip. You can’t even taste the Greek yogurt flavor once all ingredients are combined.
Serving the Apple Dip
Anything can be dipped anything into this apple dip! Here’s some ideas:
- Graham Cracker Squares
- Any type of fruit
- Eat it plain with a spoon 😉
Apple Dip Nutrition Information
Here’s how this apple dip has been modified to make it healthier:
- The recipe uses fat free Greek yogurt. This adds creaminess to the dip, without adding a lot of extra fat or calories. A lot of dips contain cream cheese; however, the Greek Yogurt is a healthier option than the cream cheese.
- Reduced sugar: The recipe only calls for 3 tablespoons of honey. Many recipes use a high sugar sweetener, such as marshmallow fluff. Since the apples are already sweet, the dip does not need a lot of extra sweetener.
- Nutrition Facts: This dip has 7g of protein and 145 calories per serving.
Prevent Your Apples From Browning
- Slice the apples into wedges.
- Place in a large bowl or gallon zip lock bag.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Mix well until all apples are evenly coated with lemon juice.
The acid in the lemon juice helps prevent the apples from browning. If you don’t have lemon juice, any acidic product will work. Try lime juice or even orange juice instead.
Let’s Make Some Healthy Apple Dip!
Combine all your ingredients in a large bowl. Soften the peanut butter for a few seconds in the microwave to make it easier to mix.
Cover and refrigerate until serving.
How To Slice Your Apples:
Wash and dry your apples. Cut apple slices into wedges.
I love using this apple tool to make the perfect wedges.
Place the dip in a fun bowl, and arrange the apples neatly around it. Have fun with it and use fun serving platters if desired!
Serve This Dip For A Party!
This healthy, peanut butter apple dip is an easy party side dish idea! How some tips for success:
- Try to make it no earlier than a couple hours before serving, for best quality.
- Double or triple the amount based on how many servings are needed.
- Make it look nice! I like to do both red and green apples for some extra color. Slice the apples right before you serve them, if possible.
Serve This Dip As A Snack!
This dip also makes a great snack or dessert! This is perfect if looking for an after-school snack or an easy snack in general. Often, I’ll make a batch of this, refridgerate it, and then eat the rest the next day.
Tips for Success
- Warm the peanut butter for about 20 seconds in the microwave. This makes it really easy to mix with the yogurt and honey.
- Make it your own: add in chopped walnuts or a sprinkle of cinnamon. You could also add some cocoa powder on top!
- This apple dip makes enough dip for about 3 medium apples. Adjust the recipe based on how many servings you need it to make.
More Delicious Dips
Healthy Apple Dip
- 1 container (5.3 oz) nonfat, plain Greek Yogurt
- 6 tablespoon peanut butter creamy
- 3 tablespoon honey
- Combine the Greek yogurt, honey and peanut butter into a small mixing bowl.
- Mixing using a spoon until combined and smooth.
- Serve with apples. Enjoy!