If you like buffalo chicken dip, you will love these buffalo chicken wraps! They require less than 5 ingredients and are a great way to use up leftover shredded chicken.
Buffalo chicken wraps are an easy meal option. These wraps can be made the night before or prepared in advance and then eaten throughout the week. Spicy, cheesy and healthy--these wraps have it all!
Be sure to hold onto your leftover buffalo sauce! It goes great in these buffalo chicken tenders, this buffalo chicken and rice bowls or these buffalo chicken thighs!
And, if you're looking for more healthy dinner options, be sure to check out this white chicken chili or this healthy chicken risotto!
Reasons to Make This Today!
- They take less than 5 ingredients!
- These are easy buffalo chicken wraps-make them in less than 15 minutes!
- The buffalo chicken wraps are healthy.
Ingredients Needed for Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Greek Yogurt: Plain, non-fat Greek yogurt is recommended. You can either purchase a large container of it, or use the small, 5 oz individual containers. Any brand will work, however the Oikos brand has more protein if that is a preference.
- Hot Sauce: Adds a kick to these wraps. Any brand off hot sauce works. I have used the Burman's Brand from Aldi's and also the Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Another alternative is to use the Sweet Baby Ray’s Wing Sauce.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese: Sharp cheddar cheese is used because it provides a stronger flavor, without having to increase the amount of cheese. This keeps the fat/calories lower. Alternatives include Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese.
- Shredded Chicken Breast: Chicken breast provides the best consistency, however chicken thighs would also work. The shredded chicken breast can be made in the crock pot, Instant pot, oven or used from a rotisserie chicken.
- Corn Tortillas: corn tortillas work best when they are warmed before eating, to help soften them. Another alternative would be white or whole wheat tortillas.
This buffalo chicken wrap recipes tastes (almost) better the second day, because the hot sauce has time to marinate the chicken and the flavors intensify.
The leftover buffalo chicken mixture can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Wait to assemble the buffalo chicken mixture onto the tortilla until right before eating it. Corn tortillas can be stored in their original packaging and refrigeration is not required.
It is not recommended to freeze the buffalo chicken mixture. An alternative would be to freeze the plain shredded chicken, and then defrost and combine with the yogurt/buffalo sauce when ready to prepare the meal.
Make It For A Crowd
Cooking for a large group of people? Or want to have leftovers for multiple days? Feel free to double or triple the recipe. Simply multiple all ingredients by 2 or 3.
Prepare it in Advance
This recipe can be prepared in advance, which makes it an easy dinner option! Make the chicken/buffalo mixture the night before and refrigerate. When it is time for dinner, heat up the amount of chicken /tortillas that you plan to eat and dinner is ready in less than 3 minutes!
These buffalo wraps can be made as mild or as spicy as you desire! In my opinion, the current recipe has a really good balance of spice / buffalo flavor, but I do not think it is not overly spicy. If you absolutely love spicy foods, definitely increase the amount of buffalo sauce to make it spicier. Remember, start small and taste test as you add to get the perfect spice level!
This recipe is gluten free if all ingredients listed are used. The corn tortillas gluten free, however if using white tortillas, the recipe will not be gluten free.
Make it a Meal
Buffalo chicken wraps can be eaten alone, or with sides. Here some good side options that pair well with these wraps:
Ditch the Tortilla
These wraps don't have to be eaten with tortillas. The chicken mixture tastes good plain! Here's some alternative ways to eat the buffalo chicken:
- Place the chicken on top of a bed of lettuce and make a buffalo chicken salad
- Serve it over a bowl of quinoa or brown rice for a buffalo chicken bowl
- Eat it as a dip using crackers, carrots or chips
Shredded Chicken Options
Shredded chicken can be made in a variety of ways. I prefer to cook a few pounds in the crock pot on Saturdays and then use it in different recipes throughout the week. I’ll strategically plan our menus for the week so that most foods incorporate the shredded chicken.
Crock pot shredded chicken
Add chicken and water to crock pot. (About 1 cup of water per 2 pounds of chicken). Cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is tender and the temperature is 165F. (Cooking time may vary based on the amount of chicken in the crock pot.)
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
Place 4 pounds of chicken on the trivet insert in instant pot. Add 1 cup of water. Season as desired. Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes. Natural release for 7 minutes. Shred with two forks.
Oven Baked Shredded Chicken
Preheat oven to 425 F. In a small baking pan, combine 2 pounds of chicken breast and 1 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until the temperature of the chicken is 165F when measured with a meat thermometer.
Remove the skin, fat and bones. Shred the breast meat using two forks.
Buffalo Chicken Wraps Nutrition
Below is the nutrition breakdown on the buffalo chicken wraps. Keep in mind that 1 serving is 2 corn tortilla's filled with about ¼ cup of chicken mixture each.
- Buffalo chicken wraps are loaded with protein: both the chicken breast and Greek yogurt provide an excellent source of lean, healthy protein. The wraps have 29g protein/ serving
- Buffalo chicken wraps contain 6 grams of total fat/serving
- Buffalo chicken wraps provide 250 calories / serving.
- To make a balanced meal, pair these chicken wraps with a side of vegetables and fruit. These would go well with a side salad and a few strawberries.
- The chicken wraps do have some added sodium from the cheese and buffalo sauce (1250mg/ serving)
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- BBQ Crock Pot Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
Easy Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast shredded (boneless & skinless)
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup hot sauce (Burman's hotsauce or preferred brand)
- ½ cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- Shred the cooked chicken using two forks and place in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the plain greek yogurt, buffalo sauce and cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Heat in microwave for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melting and chicken is warm.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave by placing them on a plate in between 2 lightly dampened paper towels. Heat for 20 seconds.
- Add about ¼ cup of the chicken mixture to a corn tortilla. Roll up and enjoy!
Ok these are the BESTTTT! Love them
Thanks for the feed back !