This Greek yogurt bowl is an easy and healthy breakfast idea! It can also be eaten as a snack or as a light meal.
The Greek yogurt bowl is loaded with delicious ingredients- granola, frozen fruit, peanut butter and a drizzle of chocolate. Customize your bowl to make it anyway you like!
Looking for more healthy breakfast recipes? Check out this avocado toast with honey- it's tasty and so satisfying!
Reasons You Will Love This Yogurt Bowl:
- It’s packed with protein, a great way to start your day.
- This yogurt bowl is an easy way to eat a serving of fruit in the morning.
- It tastes like a dessert, but it’s healthier than most sweet treats!
Yogurt For Breakfast
This Greek yogurt bowl can be eaten any time of day: breakfast, lunch, snack or dessert. I especially love eating this yogurt bowl for breakfast and here’s why:
- The Greek yogurt provides a good source of protein that is low in calories (some brands of Greek yogurt provide 15 grams of protein per serving!)
- This is an easy meal prep idea: place all ingredients in a container with a lid, refrigerate overnight, and breakfast is ready the next morning.
- It’s a great way to sneak in a serving of fruits in the morning.
Ingredients To Make A Greek Yogurt Bowl
- Greek yogurt: Any flavor will work! My favorite flavors are vanilla, coconut, or banana. These go well with the peanut butter & chocolate topping drizzle.
- Frozen Raspberries: using frozen fruit adds extra texture to the yogurt bowl.
- Granola: I used the KIND brand peanut butter flavored granola. Feel free to mix it up!
- Peanut Butter: Soften and drizzle over the top!
- Hot Fudge: Warm and drizzle over the top!
The best part about this Greek yogurt bowl is that it’s very customizable. No two bowls need to look the same! This is perfect for those that want day to day variety or to help swap out ingredients you don’t like. Here’s some ways to customize it:
- Greek Yogurt: choose any flavor of Greek Yogurt. The vanilla flavored yogurt is neutral and goes with almost anything, however other flavor ideas are strawberry, blackberry or cherry.
- Fruit: fruit can be either fresh or frozen. I used raspberries, however any type of berry or fruit diced into small pieces will work! (Strawberries, cherries, blueberries, apples)
- Granola: there’s many different flavors of granola that can be used, such as peanut butter, cinnamon or chocolate. If choosing to replace the granola, choose something that is crunchy to add texture to the bowl. Some ideas are crushed rice chex, crushed cheerios or chopped nuts.
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Drizzle: This is optional, however adds flavor. Choose to add only peanut butter, only chocolate or both.
The nutritional breakdown for this Greek yogurt bowl is listed below. The serving size is 1 bowl.
Protein: 24 grams
Carbohydrates: 58 grams
Total Fat: 17grams
Saturated Fat: 3.2 grams
Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.3 grams
Monounsaturated Fat: 7.4 grams
Nutrition facts may vary based on brand and type of ingredients used.
Healthy Add In's
Here's some ideas on more healthy add in's:
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds - adds healthy fats and omega 3's
- ¼ cup of canned pumpkin puree: this adds a great source of Vitamin A
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds- adds healthy fats
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts or pecans - adds healthy fats
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Greek Yogurt Bowl
- ¾ cup Plain Greek Yogurt, nonfat (any flavor is ok)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup granola (I used the KIND brand peanut butter flavored granola)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter softened (for drizzling)
- 1 tablespoon hot fudge softened (for drizzling)
- Place Greek Yogurt in a small serving bowl. Top with frozen raspberries and granola.
- Soften the peanut butter in the microwave for about 15 seconds or until smooth. Drizzle softened peanut butter over the top.
- Soften the hot fudge topping in the microwave for about 15 seconds or until smooth. Drizzle hot fudge over the top.
- Garnish with cinnamon if desired.
This is my go to breakfast. I make it everyday and add extra nuts, Carmel sauce, strawberries and chocolate granola. Sooo good
Sounds like a great combo!