If you haven't tried this delicious recipe, you are missing out! Cheesecake Fruit Salad tastes like a slice of creamy cheesecake in a glass. I love this recipe because it is so versatile--you can add as many different fruits as you'd like and switch them out each time. I chose to add the fruit bananas, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries to make the perfect light and easy salad!
Is Cheesecake Fruit Salad Healthy?
When compared to a normal slice of cheesecake, this cheesecake pudding fruit salad is definitely considered healthier! Most cheesecake contains cream cheese, which makes it high in fat and calories.
The cheesecake flavor in this fruit salad comes from the pudding which is "cheesecake flavored". It is a sugar-free version of pudding, which makes it much lower in calories and calories. than normal cheesecake. The recipe also contains low fat cool whip and skim milk, both which are lower in calories.
A benefit of this tasty dessert is that it is an easy way to eat several servings of fruit! There is a piece or two of fruit in almost every bite. Seriously, make this recipe once and your family will be requesting cheesecake pudding fruit salad for the next year!
Where do I purchase cheesecake pudding mix?
Cheesecake pudding is found in the pudding aisle at most major grocery stores. I used the version made by the brand 'Jello'. Look for the "sugar free" version to save on calories.
What types of fruits can I use for this recipe?
You can use frozen or fresh fruit when making this salad. If using frozen fruit, I would recommend thawing and draining the fruit before adding it to the salad. This will prevent the juices of the frozen fruit from turning the cheesecake pudding salad a different color. If using whole fruit or larger types of fruit (such as a peach or kiwi), dice the fruit into bite sized pieces before adding to the salad.
Here's a couple of suggestions for fruit combinations:
- Mango, banana & strawberries
- Kiwi, apple & strawberries
- Blueberries, bananas & mangoes
- Peaches, strawberries & bananas
- Raspberries, blueberries & strawberries
- Strawberry, Banana & Chocolate chips
How long does this salad keep?
This fruit salad is best when consumed the same day it is made. It will keep in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days, however. I would not recommend freezing this salad.
3 reasons why you should make cheesecake fruit salad
- It's super easy to make. This salad took about 10 minutes total. This recipe tastes best cold, and I would recommend cooling it in the refrigerator for a couple hours before serving it.
- It's a great dessert, breakfast or snack! This fruit salad can be consumed at almost any meal.
- It is a festive dish for BBQ's, picnics and holiday get togethers.
Cheesecake Fruit Salad
- 1 package sugar-free cheesecake pudding dry mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 4 ounces low-fat cool whip
- 3 bananas sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- Combine the dry pudding mix and milk.
- Mix well with mixer for two minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Mix in the bananas, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries.
- Gently fold in the cool whip.
- Refrigerate for two hours prior to serving.Serve cold.
Serving size: ¾ cup Cheesecake pudding fruit salad works well with any fruit! Feel free to add any combination of desired fruit!
Here's some super fun bowls to serve your fruit salad in! These would work great for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and even Labor Day celebrations!