No bake cheesecake parfaits are a healthy and easy alternative to cheesecake! These parfaits are made with Greek yogurt, to help make them healthier. Feel free to add any type of fruit!
This recipes makes 6 mini cheesecake parfaits. There are 300 calories and 16 grams of fat per serving. Greek yogurt is used in place of extra cream cheese to help reduce the calorie and fat content. The amount of protein in each parfait is 10 grams.
Cheesecake Parfait Variations
These Greek yogurt cheesecake parfaits are easy to make and have a variety of different substitutions and alternatives that can be made to meet your dietary preferences.
This recipe calls for powdered sugar, however honey can be substituted if looking for an alternative sweetener. The honey leave a slight flavor in the parfaits that resembles honey, so this is perfect for anyone that loves honey. Substitute the same amount of honey as you would use for the powdered sugar.
How to Make This Gluten Free
This recipe can be made gluten free by using oatmeal that is 100% certified gluten free oatmeal. Bob’s Red Mill is a brand that makes great gluten free oatmeal, however any brand will work.
Types of Fruit To Use
Any type of fruit can be used in these cheesecake parfaits! Dice the fruit into small 1/4 inch pieces. Either fresh or frozen fruit will work. Here are some favorite fruit options:
- Diced strawberries
- Mandarin Oranges
- Diced Peaches
The main topping of the Greek yogurt cheesecake consists of fruit, however feel free to add any additional toppings. Here’s some ideas:
- Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, peanuts)
This recipe holds well in the refrigerator. Store in an air tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. It is not recommended to freeze the cheesecake parfaits, as this will affect the texture of the cheesecake part.
Ingredients to Make the Best Parfaits
- Cream cheese- look for low fat or 1/3 less fat cream cheese to save on calories and fat. Fat free cream cheese is also an option, however I prefer to avoid it, as it will alter the flavor and texture.
- Greek yogurt- use plain, nonfat Greek yogurt. This recipe has not been tested with flavored yogurt, however feel free to try it and let me know what you think! The Oiko’s brand of Greek yogurt has a high protein content if desired.
- Sweetener- Powdered sugar was used in this recipe, however honey is another alternative! Use the same amount of honey as powdered sugar.
- Fruit- fresh or frozen works perfectly! Fruit options include blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, cherries or your other favorite fruit.
- Oatmeal – either old fashioned rolled oats or quick cooking oats will work. If making this recipe gluten free, purchase gluten free oatmeal.
- Butter- this helps to hold the oatmeal crust together.
- Brown sugar- optional, however adds sweetness and flavor to the crust.
- Cinnamon – helps add a rich flavor to the oatmeal crust!
More Delicious Desserts
Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Parfaits
- 8 ounces Low fat cream cheese softened
- 1.5 cups Greek Yogurt plain, non fat
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt and vanilla.
- Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar. Mix until smooth, set aside.
- Oatmeal Crust
- Add oats to a food processor. Blend until the oatmeal is ground and resembles a flour like mixture. , canola oil and cinnamon. Pulse until oats are coarsely ground.
- Place the ground oats in a medium bowl. Add melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix until combined. *Note: The crust should hold together. Add 1 tsp of water if crust appears too dry.
- Begin to create the parfait. Place ¼ of the oat mixture in a small glass or mason jar. Press down firmly with a spoon.
- Add 1/4 cup of the Greek yogurt mixture.
- Top with ¼ cup of blueberries.
- Repeat Greek yogurt mixture to the top and then top with blueberries.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Serve cold.